Validation of VAWC Desk
Para saan ang Barangay VAWC Desk?
1. Assist VAWC victims in securing Barangay Protection Order (BPO) and accessing necessary services;
2. Respond to gender-based violence cases brought to the barangay;
3. Record the number of gender-based violence cases handled by the barangay and submit a quarterly report on all VAW cases to the DILG City/Municipal Field Office and the City/Municipal Social Welfare Development Office (C/MSWDO);
4. Keep VAWC case records confidential and secured, and ensure that only authorized personnel can access it;
5. Develop the barangay’s gender-responsive plan in addressing gender-based violence, including support services, capacity building, and referral system;
6. Coordinate with and refer cases to government agencies, nongovernment organizations (NGOs), institutions, and other service providers as necessary;
7. Address other forms of abuse committed against women, children, especially senior citizens, women with disabilities, and other marginalized groups;
8. Lead advocacies on the elimination of VAWC in the community and perform other related functions as may be assigned.